Stefan Liebald, M. Sc.
- Institut für Informatik der
- Technischen Universität München
- Lehrstuhl I8
- Boltzmannstr. 3
- 85748 Garching bei München - Germany
- Smart Space Orchestration
- Distributed Systems
- DecADe: Decentralized Anomaly Detection (2016 – 2019)
I'm involved in a multitude of teaching activities taking place at the chair. You can find a brief summary below:
Lab Course iLab2
- The iLab2 is a practical lab course covering selected network topics including IPv6, BGP, IoT Soft-/Hardware, WWW-Security, advanced wlan.
- Students can do hands-on network experiments in our designated lab room where they have access to the required hardware.
- In addition participants create their own small course module about a selected network topic using the same environment.
- Roles: Organization, Lecturer
- Semesters: WS2016/17, SS2017, WS2017/18, S2018, WS2018/19
Globally available Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) iLabX
- The iLabX is designed as Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) about the basics of networking, which will soon be globally available for free on edX.
- More Information regarding the start of the course can be found at ilabx.ilabxp.com
- A key feature of the iLabX is that relevant networking information is not only taught by video or text, but can be directly experienced as hands-on during the course.
- For this purpuse we developed the vLab, which allows participants to run network experiments in a network emulator on their own computer.
- This brings the lab courses we already have (iLab1/2) to a much broader audience, as it removes the requirement of having multiple PCs, routers and other components usually required to form a network.
- Roles: Organization, Lecturer, Course Creation
iLabX Block Course at TUM
- The iLabX can also be taken as block course at TUM at the end of each semester. The block course consists of the digital MOOC part and selected exercises from the iLab1 and iLab2 in the physical lab environment at the chair.
- Roles: Organization, Lecturer, Course Creation
- Semesters: SS2018, WS2018/19
- Organisation of the Proseminar Network Hacking in WS2016/17, WS2017/18
- Supervision of various topics in the "Future Internet (FI)" and "Innovative Internet Technologies and Monile Communications (IITM)" seminars since 2016.
Activities before I started as Research Associate at the chair:
Lab Course iLab1
- Before starting at the chair I was involved as tutor for the practical lab course iLab1 for four semesters.
- Semesters: WS2013/14, SS2014, WS2014/15, SS2015
Network Security Lecture
Stefan Liebald is currently a scientific staff member and lecturer at the Chair of Network Architectures and Services at the Technical University of Munich (TUM).
He received his Master degree in Informatics from TUM in February 2016. Currently he is a PhD canditate at TUM. His main area of interest lies in Internet of Things and Smart Space research. Current work is focused on Smart Space Orchestration using a distributed, software oriented architecture.
Another area of interest is teaching. He is working on a practical networking course (the iLab) held at TUM since the last 4 years. Furthermore he is part of a team currently preparing a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) aimed at teaching computer network fundamentals using practical exercises in a virtual elearning environment.
|Paulius Sukys||IoT Service Modelling||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Yaroslav Dushko||eLearning resilience and feedback||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Lars Wuestrich||Predictive Caching using Machine Learning in IoT Scenarios||MA||Stefan Liebald, Marc-Oliver Pahl||2018|
|Christoph Putz||Efficient Data Replication in Distributed IoT Environments||MA||Stefan Liebald, Marc-Oliver Pahl||2018|
|open||A fault-proof and tamper-resistant certificate issuance process||MA||Dr. Holger Kinkelin, Stefan Liebald, Dr. Heiko Niedermayer||2018|
|Sarah Jost||Statistical Analysis of eLearning Processes||BA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Francois Aubet||Machine Learning-Based Adaptive Anomaly Detection in Smart Spaces||BA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Ellen Maeckelburg||Privacy-aware Policy-based IoT Access Control||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Florian Kreitmair||Efficient Storage Backends for IoT Data||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Desislava Dimova||Socially Interactive Learning Materials||BA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Valentin Antoni||Exchange Platform for eLearning Courses||BA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Friederike Groschupp||Crowdsourced IoT Data Modeling||BA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Denis Celik||Semi-Autonomous IoT Service Management on Unattended Nodes||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Matthias Moegerle||A User-Assisted Creation of Semantic Indoor Models for Smarter Applications||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Fabian Buske||Providing a Remotely Manageable Runtime Environment for IoT Services||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Christian Luebben||Using Wearables in IoT scenarios||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Lorenzo Donini||Autonomous Certificate Management for Microservices in Smart Spaces||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Lars Wuestrich||Extension of the virtual iLab-Isle||IDP||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2018|
|Hendrik Leppelsack||Experimental Performance Evaluation of Private Distributed Ledger Implementations||MA||Dr. Holger Kinkelin, Stefan Liebald||2017|
|Julius Polar||iLab Exchange Platform||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2017|
|Markus Loipfinger||Deep Learning in Smart Spaces||MA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2017|
|Manuel Ehler||Decentralized Feature Processing on Resource-Constrained Devices for Network Anomaly Detection||MA||Marcel von Maltitz, Stefan Liebald, Simon Bauer, Dr. Holger Kinkelin||2017|
|David Gogrichiani||Evaluating Databases for the Internet of Things||BA||Stefan Liebald, Marc-Oliver Pahl||2017|
|Felix Kuperjans||Native Service Interfaces for the Virtual State Layer||BA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2017|
|Beatris Burdeva||Improving eLearning through statistical Feedback||BA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2017|
|Florian Gratzer||Voice Controlled Smart Spaces||BA||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald||2016|
|Marko Dorfhuber||Information Collection for Temporal Variation Analysis on Networks||BA||Nadine Herold, Matthias Wachs, Stefan Liebald||2016|
|Christoph Rudolf||Automated Planning, Setup and Configuration for Scientific Testbed Environments||BA||Nadine Herold, Matthias Wachs, Stefan Liebald||2016|
|2019-03-01||Fabien Geyer, Holger Kinkelin, Hendrik Leppelsack, Stefan Liebald, Dominik Scholz, Georg Carle, Dominic Schupke, “Performance Perspective on Private Distributed Ledger Technologies for Industrial Networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Networked Systems, Munich, Germany, Mar. 2019. [Bib]|
|2018-04-01||Marc-Oliver Pahl, Francois-Xavier Aubet, Stefan Liebald, “Graph-Based IoT Microservice Security,” in Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), Apr. 2018. [Pdf] [Bib]|
|2018-03-01||François-Xavier Aubet, Marc-Oliver Pahl, Stefan Liebald, Mohammad Reza Norouzian, “Graph-based Anomaly Detection for IoT Microservices,” in Passive and Active Measurement Conference (PAM), Mar. 2018. [Pdf] [Bib]|
|2017-07-01||Nadine Herold, Matthias Wachs, Marko Dorfhuber, Christoph Rudolf, Stefan Liebald, Georg Carle, “Achieving reproducible network environments with INSALATA,” in 11th International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS’2017), Best Paper Award, Zurich, Switzerland, Jul. 2017. [Pdf] [Slides] [Bib]|